Friday, June 12, 2009

Worth Every Second

Recently I have been thinking about my life and what God has already done with it, but more importantly what He still has planned for it. We are so blessed to have so many things, but all of these "things" are just that.... "things" and items that will not matter when we leave this world. What will matter is the impact we had on this world and how we followed the road God has paved out for us. It's a choice you have to make and one that is sometimes not easily made. If you do decide to follow God's will for your life you will be a changed person because of it. I learned this 3 years ago (on the 17th to be exact) when I heard God telling me His plan of adoption for us. Adoption was not even a word in our vocabulary but we decided to follow Him. Boy am I glad we did! It was a tough road at times and definitely not a road that has come to an end for sure, but all worth it. Just recently I was reminded of God's reasons for all of this to happen to us and to Kennedi. Kennedi has been talking about "good dreams" and "bad dreams" a lot and last weekend when I put her to bed she said she was probably going to have a bad dream. I told her to "think of good things and she'll have a good dream". The next day we were sitting at the movie theater and I asked her if she had a good dream or a bad dream. She said she had a good dream because she prayed to God. Just those four words "I prayed to God" put tears into my eyes! To think that God placed this little precious girl into our hands to be able to love, but more importantly to show her the love of God and how she can pray to Him for help when she came from a country where that is not allowed what so ever, is worth every second we've been on this road. I also just finished the book "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan and it has made me realize that we are here all for Him. I have been thinking about the group of Northpointe staff that will be leaving this Sunday for India to help at Mother Theresa's place and at an orphanage and how I would love to be on that trip. I've been thinking about my friend Julie who adopted Nicholas almost two years ago and how they just received travel plans to leave next week to bring home his new brother from China. I've also been thinking about starting our orphans ministry at Northpointe and how we can help the children who have absolutely nothing, not even a parent to love them. Wherever the road God has us on leads, we will follow and know that it will all be worth every second.

2 comments:

lillian08 said...

You said it, Sista'!!!!
XO,
Jenny

Chenecua said...

I was lead to your blog today and here I am in tears reading this. Luv you! Have a blessed day.